With companies like Apple, Samsung, OnePlus, Huawei, and Motorola recently rolling out new flagship devices, it’s your chance to take advantage of slashed prices on quality cell phones. If your phone needs an update and you’re ready to score a discount on a new device, here are a handful of smartphone deals available right now. The list includes a few sales on unlocked smartphones, as well as some carrier offers that can save you as much as $850.
The carriers’ best smartphone deals
Cellular service providers regularly offer enticing incentives to get you to switch to their LTE plans. So if you’re looking for a new carrier, you can save a good chunk of change and even score a free device by taking advantage of one of the best smartphone deals from Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon or AT&T:
- Sprint: Sprint is offering 60 percent or more off the excellent Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, S8 Active, Note8, and Moto Z2 Force Edition to new customers. This deal lets you snag the Galaxy S8 for just $144, the S8 Plus or the S8 Active for $216 each, the Galaxy Note8 for $324, and the Z2 Force Edition for $198 when you sign up for an 18-month Sprint Flex lease. You can also lease an Apple iPhone 8 or 8 Plus and score a second one for free, or you can get the compact and super affordable iPhone SE for just $88 after a limited-time $125 website discount.
- T-Mobile: T-Mobile is offering a buy one, get one free deal when you buy two LG or Samsung phones. With a down payment for each device and the addition of a new line to your existing plan, you’ll receive a prepaid MasterCard worth up to $850. Eligible devices include the LG V30, LG V30 Plus, LG G6, Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, Galaxy S8, Note8, and S8 Active. If you don’t want two, you can also enjoy a $150 rebate when you purchase any of those Samsung phones with a qualifying trade-in.
- Verizon: Verizon is offering its own BOGO deals on the Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, LG V30, iPhone 8, and Moto Z2 Force with an eligible trade-in for new customers who switch to Verizon and sign up for an Unlimited plan. You’ll receive as much as $840 in bill credits off of your second phone. You can also grab a new Galaxy Note8 and get a $200 rebate in bill credits when you pay upfront, with no trade-in required.
- AT&T: AT&T has a BOGO deal on the Samsung Galaxy S8 that gives you up to $750 in bill credits when you order two devices with AT&T Next service. Or you can purchase an LGV30 on AT&T Next and score an LG G6 or second LG V30 for free. Buy an LGV30 with an eligible trade-in and you can also receive up to $200 off your bill.
The best unlocked smartphone deals
Carrier offers typically require you to sign up for a specific service or to trade in an old device to get your discount. These smartphone deals, on the other hand, let you enjoy big savings on these unlocked mobile phones when you buy them outright:
- HTC 10: Our review team says the HTC 10 is the “best-sounding phone you can buy,” so if you’re always watching videos and listening to music on the go, then you can grab this flagship for a low $330 on B&H and enjoy a whopping $370 in savings.
- Kodak Ektra: If you use your phone to take a lot of pictures but find the photo quality lacking, check out the unique Kodak Ektra which boasts a crisp 21 megapixel f/2.0 aperture rear camera. It’s on sale for cheap right now, too, at just $120 from B&H after a tidy $280 discount.
- Samsung Galaxy S7: The Samsung Galaxy S8 may be our new Android favorite, but the Galaxy S7 is still a solid smartphone, and you can now score one for just $350 from Amazon and enjoy a 42 percent savings of $250.
- Sony Xperia X: Sony’s Xperia lineup remains highly underrated in the huge market of Android smartphones, with these devices offering flagship-like features at midrange prices. The dual-sim Xperia X is a shining example of the value that Sony’s phones provide, coming in at just $240 ($160 off) from B&H.
- Moto Z Play: Carrier deals for Motorola’s first-gen Moto Z Play (a unique Android phone that’s compatible with Moto mods) may be scarce at the moment, but you can still grab an unlocked one for $300 from B&H (a $150 discount).
- Essential Phone: The Essential Phone is a newcomer to the smartphone scene, and it’s a winner. It’s got a great bezel-less design, a large and vibrant HD display, and excellent hardware under the hood. And you can already score a deal on one: Amazon has the unlocked Essential Phone for $450, saving you $250.
- Moto G4: The Moto G is still one of the best budget Android smartphones on the market today, and B&H has the unlocked fourth-generation model on sale for $140 after a $40 discount. You can also grab the larger G4 Plus for $150 and enjoy a savings of $100.
- Moto E2: For an even cheaper Android phone, check out the Moto E2. B&H has this smartphone on sale for $50 after a $100 discount. This phone is fully unlocked and ready to use with any GSM carrier and select CDMA carriers.
- LG G5: New flagships always come with big price cuts on last year’s models, so if you’re not fussy about having the latest bleeding-edge hardware, the LG G5 is still a great Android phone. A brand-new unlocked one can be yours for only $230 ($300 off) from B&H.
Looking for more great deals on mobile phones and smartwatches? Check out our deals to score some extra savings on our favorite tech.
Update: Added the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8, Sprint iPhone 8, unlocked HTC 10, and unlocked Moto E2 smartphone deals. Removed expired offers and updated prices.
We strive to help our readers find the best deals on quality products and services, and choose what we cover carefully and independently. If you find a better price for a product listed here, or want to suggest one of your own, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.